Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Posted on: September 10, 2023
Registered NurseAbout Clinica Family Health:
For more than 40 years, Clinica has existed to provide health care
to the individuals and families in our community at a price they
can afford. Young or old, people of any race or ethnicity or income
level-we are here to provide them with exceptional health care
because no one should have to choose between obtaining the health
care they need and other necessities such as housing or food.
Our mission is to be the medical and dental care provider of choice
for low-income and other underserved people in south Boulder,
Broomfield, and west Adams counties. Our care shall be culturally
appropriate, and prevention focused.
Join our team and take advantage of the Nurse Corps Loan Repayment
Program! Pending met eligibility requirements, you could get up to
60% of your outstanding loans paid off when you work with us for 2
years. Stay for a 3rd year and receive an additional 25% repayment.
Don't miss this opportunity to lighten your loan burden while
making a difference in patients' lives.
What we offer:
* Retirement Plan
* + other Employee & Family Support Programs
Other Perks: Flexible Schedules, 4 weeks of PTO, Paid Holidays,
Growth Opportunities/Career Ladders
Compensation: Approximately $33.16 - $41.23 per hour. All
individual pay rates are calculated based on the candidate's
experience and internal equity.
Overview of Role:
* Flexible schedule.*
When working triage calls, alternative working opportunities may be
Clinic Nurse Job Overview:
We are seeking team members to help us design and implement the
future role of nursing at Clinica Family Health. Join our team of
vibrant health care professionals committed to providing the best
care for our diverse population of patients. We are nationally
recognized as leaders in supporting top-of-scope nursing work in
the form of independent nurse visits, co-visits with providers and
protocol-driven direct patient care. Nurses can rotate through
triage shifts from the comfort of their home. As we expand into
value-based service practice, we need nurses who may be interested
in managing patient panels, providing chronic disease management
services, and conducting nurse-led home visits and group visits.
Our nurses' function as caregivers, educators, communicators,
counselors, patient advocates, planners, chronic disease managers
and vital team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Triage patient and evaluate immediate treatment.
* Perform basic health-related tasks, such as documenting patient
information, administering medications, drawing blood, taking
vitals, starting an IV, and responding to emergencies.
* Operate standard medical equipment.
* Process and analyze lab results.
* Communicate with and assist medical providers, nurses, medical
assistants, and other staff.
* Provide direct patient care through independent nurse visits, and
the use of nursing protocols.
* Provide co-visits in collaboration with providers.
Responsibilities include initial assessment, documentation, and
* Educate patients on nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle
recommendations based on medical history and current condition.
* Advocate for patient's needs to medical providers.
* Stay current with advances in healthcare options, medications,
and treatment plans.
* Manage and lead daily patient flow, including independent nurse
visits, medical assistant visits, co-visits, chronic care
management, and walk-ins.
* Provide safe, comfortable, therapeutic environment for patients
* Track quality metrics such as Diabetes, Asthma, Pediatric
Wellness, work related reports, and lead improvement efforts at
Education and Experience:
* RN licensure from an accredited school required. BSN
* Two years of experience in community health preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to flourish in a team management system.
* Experience with electronic health record preferred.
* Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community.
* Critical thinking
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
* Excellent leadership skills.
* Coaching skills.
* Interacts with colleagues, team, and all staff in a professional
and collegial manner
* Strong computer skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
* Risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens.
* Usual office environment.
* Ability to travel from clinic to clinic as required.
* Evening work may be required.
Clinica Family Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit
unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the
basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Clinica, Westminster , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!