Amazon Picker Packer - Day Shifts
Company: Amazon Warehouse
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse AssociateJob OverviewPlease
make an application promptly if you are a good match for this role
due to high levels of interest.You'll be part of the dedicated
Amazon team that is the first stop on the journey from the
warehouse. Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a sortation
center. You will be sorting, scanning, and stacking packages on
pallets, helping to get customer orders ready for delivery. Because
most of the shifts are part-time, you are in control of your
schedule - choose shifts that work best for you now and adjust your
schedule in the future, as needed.Duties & Responsibilities
- Some of your duties may include:
- Receive and sort inventory
- Get customer orders ready for delivery
- Use technology like scanners, computers, and handheld
- You'll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where
applicable)What it's like at an Amazon Sortation Center
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide
protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You'll be working around moving machines - order
pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for
long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary
between 60--F and 90--F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot
days, temperatures can be over 90--F in the truck yard or inside
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing
protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety.
Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required and protective safety
footwear are required in select business units. Depending on the
role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards
the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first
day on the job.Why You'll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule flexibility. Depending on where you work, schedules
may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or
part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working
additional hours if needed. Learn more about our schedules.
- Shift options. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include
overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even
have four-day workweeks and three-day weekends. Find out more about
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your
earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups).
Learn more about Anytime Pay.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our
employees and offer a variety of free training and development
programs, and we also have tuition support options for select
employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you'll learn
how to use the latest Amazon technology - including handheld
devices and robotics.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support
each other.Why You'll Love Amazon Many of our jobs come with great
benefits - including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for
the future, and opportunities for career advancement - all in a
safe and inclusive environment that's been ranked among the best
workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the
role, work schedule, or location, and can include the
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance ProgramLearn more about Amazon Benefits and
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to
understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety
guidelinesHow To Get StartedYou can begin by applying above. If you
need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring
process, you can find support here:
https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.If you have a disability
and need an accommodation during the application and hiring
process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to
initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit
https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the
Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by
phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4
p.m. PT. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or
other legally protected status. --The pay range for this position
in Colorado is $15 - $19.10 an hour; however, base pay offered may
vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A
sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of
the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical,
financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position
offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay
Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants
should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Keywords: Amazon Warehouse, Westminster , Amazon Picker Packer - Day Shifts, Other , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!