Company: SCL Health
Posted on: October 18, 2019
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an
Indigent Care Manager.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh
Youre generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially
your voice, because your opinion matters.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
System Services is our Corporate Headquarters in Broomfield,
Colorado and is located within the Oracle campus. SCL Health is a
faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to
improving the well-being of the people we serve.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As an Indigent Care Manager, you need to know how to:
* Manage the Financial Counseling Departments daily functions,
ensuring that staff is educating, processing and determining the
appropriate assistance for patients within a timely manner.
* Monitor and analyze financial counseling processes, operations
and reporting to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance with
applicable rules and regulations.
* Be responsible for assessing and improving department
* Ensure that services are provided in a timely, accurate,
effective, and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with
established departmental policies, procedures, and practices.
* Complete monthly reporting (i.e. Charity, Medicaid Conversion,
In-house and ED screening, quarterly Out-Station State reporting,
* Serve as the Certified Non-Attorney Representative, representing
patients at Social Security Administrative Law Judge and Appeals
* Work closely with Patient Access Directors maintaining strong
communication and open dialog on the Financial Assistance Program,
ensuring they are in the know and current on any changes in
processes, policies, and /or people.
* Provide regular status updates to the Financial Counseling
Director including status of technology and process enhancement
projects, department performance vs. KPI's, action plans for
addressing identified risks and issues, recommendations for
* Assist in managing assigned vendor relationships, ensuring
vendors are meeting defined SLAs. Evaluate, recommend changes and
structure vendor contracts.
* Coordinate with the training team to develop and/or enhance
training curriculum and provide sign off on the approach.
* Contribute to the development of the departments annual
* Ensure policies and procedures for the Financial Counseling and
Charity teams are defined, applied and followed consistently. Take
corrective actions as necessary to address any failures in the
* Build and develop the Financial Counseling and Indigent Care
teams: Review evaluation criteria for new hires and update/enhance
as needed to ensure the team is built to consistently achieve
department goals, Evaluate and approve new hires, Mentor and
counsel direct reports to assist in their professional development,
Evaluate team member work quality and develop individual
improvement plans as needed.
* Review and approve call scripting and other applicable patient
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
* Current Certified Application Counselor (CAC) and Certified
Application Assistance Site (CAAS) certifications
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with State and
Federal agencies, clinics, and skilled nursing facilities
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing State and Federal
* Minimum of four (4) years of hospital site financial
* Demonstrated operational experience with:
* Medicaid eligibility,
* Disability eligibility qualifications,
* Social Security qualifications,
* Public Benefit Programs,
* Complex discharge planning and care,
* Presumptive eligibility programs,
* Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP),
* Affordable Care Act (ACA),
* Colorados Hospital Outstationing Grant Programs,
* Working knowledge and understanding of simple and complex tax
returns and general ledgers
* Demonstrated knowledge of 501r regulation and requirements for
non-profit entities offering financial assistance
* Familiarity with informational systems used to manage in State
and Federal programs and financial assistance including
implementation, change control, and reporting
* Medicare and Insurance knowledge
* HB and PB Billing experience
* Financial counseling experience in an oncology setting
* Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
* Ability to read, understand and apply personal tax return
* Ability to read and understand profit and loss statements
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being an Indigent Care Manager on our
team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day
how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Westminster , Mgr-Indigent Care, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!